Alongside my freelance communications work, I support people who are developing their business skills and advise organisations that encourage enterprise.
This ranges from one-to-one coaching and mentoring right through to the design and delivery of new workshops, networks and funding initiatives.
I’m proud to combine theory and practice in this work – bringing together 15 years of enterprise education experience and the lessons from my own self-employment journey.
I’m particularly interested in helping fellow freelancers get started and navigate some of the common pitfalls of the first year. I run a high-impact Freelance Boot Camp for a number of UK universities – plus a follow-up workshop all about money management.
What I offer
- Workshops and Boot Camps – I organise and deliver workshops to support people who are starting their own businesses or preparing for portfolio careers, including a high-impact Boot Camp for new freelancers.
- Mentoring – I provide pragmatic and encouraging mentoring to help people find routes into self-employment and navigate the early challenges.
- Coaching – I coach students on more structured business programmes, including supporting apprentices who are documenting their professional development experiences.
- Support groups and networks – I develop and facilitate support groups for small business owners which incorporate skills development and peer-mentoring.
- Consultancy – I advise careers teams on the structure and content of their enterprise programmes and help them to improve the way they engage their students.
If you’re an education or community leader looking to support your students, graduates and neighbours as they develop their business skills, my workshops and mentoring can help.